Devilstone open air: solid and diverse
Devilstone open air, for the third time to happen on July 15-17, 2011, reports a credible storm coming as wild steel winds pledges rising all over the world. With thrash hurricanes coming from British Islands, shining forces from Scandinavia, and extreme heat from Italy, the vigorous clash in Dainuva valley is destined.
Intrepid Irish GAMA BOMB ignored the pagan black trend in their country and paid homage to thrash metal. The band remains loyal to their inspiration sources including horror, action, and sci-fi films, animation and PC games. Thus, peculiar humour transpierces their lyrics and music distinguishes in fast rhythmic instrumental parts with a vocal interchanging between aggressiveness and squeaking falsetto.
Other masters of fast tempos come with solo parts infused with outstanding Dave Silver vocals and promise to be the brightest discovery of the year. SAVAGE MESSIAH boldly head for their first performance in the Baltic area bringing their latest album and vigorous sound.
Since “Terrorizer” readers elected MUTANT the best unsigned band of 2010, performance invitations grew rapidly. The band already has a solid background in the field as they played at the biggest UK festivals Bloodstock, Hammerfest, and Damnation. After conquering Home Island, the only way forward is go continental and Devilstone offers an excellent place to start.
The Grand Reunion will be celebrated loudly as OCTOBER TIDE returns to the big stage carrying full vessels of energy. At Devilstone, the band intends presenting their latest album “A Thin Shell” praised by critics for atmospheric, more spatial, and qualitative sound. But since it is the first time OCTOBER TIDE performs in Baltic region and fans still remember the madness caused by “Rain Without End”, we hope musicians will infuse some good old tunes in their performance. As OCTOBER TIDE are one of the strongest and most elite delegates of doom/death metal, indubitably their performance is bound to be perfect and mesmerising.
More scandalous, provocative, and eccentric dose of metal is guaranteed by FORGOTTEN TOMB. We heard of their weird and immoral speeches followed by a gesture, we heard of their self-infliction, self-destruction, and depression, and we shall recognize the sarcasm and self-pointing irony. As their latest album is nearly ripened, the fans can expect to hear new prophecies of bold intolerance and hatred towards the weak, the naive, and the conformists in the society.
And last but not least, ONDSKAPT, a band once blessed with Niklas Kvarforth’s (Shining) creative input and priding in three released albums throughout existence. Their qualitative Swedish black metal and authoritative lyrics proclaim their personal approach towards the values, human being, life and death. Line-up next is HELLISH OUTCAST with charismatic Torbjørn "Thebon" Schei (Keep of Kalessin) at the front. Norwegians playing modern thrash metal cannot brag in album plenitude, but promise an aggressive show during their live performance.
|ONDSKAPT / HELLISH OUTCAST|
Standard ticket price is 23 Euro and great discounts available for groups. Tickets can be purchased at www.devilstone.net and alternatively, at www.tiketa.lt. The standard price will increase later on.
Facts and Roots
- The previous Devilstone open air festivals featured worldwide famous bands including SEPULTURA, MAYHEM, KEEP OF KALESSIN, GRAVE, TANKARD, SINISTER, CODE, to name but few.
- The festival’s title arose from a local legend. It is said that a devil carried a huge stone aiming to crush Anyksciai’ church. As the dawn broke a rooster sang scaring the hell out of the devil. Running for the hideout he threw the stone aside where it lies up to date. One can visit the landmark titled Puntukas in a meadow of the Anyksciai Regional Park.
- The festival ground is located on the riverside of Sventoji (Lithuanian word for “The Saint One”) in the valley of Dainuva. The distance to the town centre is roughly 1 kilometre.
Already confirmed artists for Devilstone 2011:
GAMA BOMB [Ireland]
OCTOBER TIDE [Sweden]
FORGOTTEN TOMB [Italy]
SAVAGE MESSIAH [England]
IN MOURNING [Sweden]
HELLISH OUTCAST [Norway]
Find out more
- festival trailer is available at www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCTGZOczwHc
- read the visitors’ feedback from previous years following this link www.devilstone.net/en/pages/devilstone/feedback2010
- any further information and answers to frequently asked questions can be found on the official website www.devilstone.net